This year again we have some of Canada’s leading Herbalists [and a few Americans] joining us for a weekend filled with green lore and learning. Our theme is “The Future of Herbal Medicine”. We will have many classes centered around deepening our connections with plants and people. Teachers from all walks of herbal medicine will be joining the conversation, including growers, practitioners, school representatives, social activists, herbal thought leaders and more…
This is our 3rd time offering this very special event. Many participants have said the Vancouver Island Herb Gathering is the most valuable herbal conference and information they have ever found. You don’t want to miss it.
Thank you everyone who participated in our last herb gathering, we couldn’t have done it with out you.
Check out the Highlight Video from 2015:
It was such a fantastic herbal gathering last year, we can’t wait to do it again in 2017!
This year’s theme is “Plant Medicine for the Future”
- A weekend of learning, laughing, tasting, botanizing, herbaling and feasting
- Over 20 Herbal teachers
- Over 40 different classes, demonstrations, and herb walks to choose from
- Saturday night Panel Talk and ceremony followed by a dance party
- Bring your tent and camp out on a beautiful 7 acre farm or stay in near-by motels or hostel
- Featuring delicious farm fresh food, herbal elixir bar, superfood treats and more
- The Great Herbal Sell, Swap or Give Away Blanket Market on Sunday afternoon
- Test your herbal skills in our Taste-athon and sniff-athon blind herb samplings and other challenges
- Special one day Growing Plant Medicine intensive on Friday
- Four ½ day long intensives on Monday
- Listen to a lecture, join a herb walk, meditate with the milk thistle, wander in the woods, gather round the campfire, do qi gong or yoga at dawn – you will be sure to have a fabulous, herbal weekend.
2015 Vancouver Island Herb Gathering Sponsors:
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here to learn more.
Charities we are supporting this year:
- Cumberland Community Forest Society
- Gardens without Borders Botanic Garden
- Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations